A chainsaw being a power tool, poses a lot of danger when used improperly. One way of ensuring you use a chainsaw properly is by wearing proper safety gear. Here are some of the safety equipment you should have.
- Chap resistant pants or any other kind of leg protection gear to protect your feet and legs from debris produced when cutting wood.
- A hard hat, especially if you are doing overhead cuts, to protect your head from flying debris
- Gloves with enhanced cutting surfaces are also essential. These ensure you are able to hold the chainsaw while protecting your hands
- Eye protection to protect your eyes from flying debris
- Hearing protection such as ear plugs protect your ears from the loud sound produced by chainsaws especially powerful gas powered models
- Boots with hard toes and non-skid soles to protect your feet.